From the Enchanted Realms: Incarnated Elementals
Connecting with your Inner Elemental
By: Louise Heyden
If you have read all that you can on the concept of incarnated earth angels, and resonate strongly with the elemental realm, either entirely or in addition to other realms, then you have most likely been elemental in a former being.
But what does this actually mean for you,
other than causing you to feel like a fish out of water, sometimes lost and not
quite fitting in anywhere?
If you were once elemental, or are an
evolving soul (one who has incarnated in many forms), then you will feel a deep
connection to your former existence. This might manifest itself through a
mer-felt connection to the sea, a faerie-felt connection to magic or the woods,
or a crystal-felt connection to the spirit of sacred stones.
Many who have identified themselves as incarnated elementals feel a deep longing for their former realm, embedded with a desire to “go home” or a longing to reconnect with anything that is familiar to their former incarnation. It can often be overwhelming here on Earth, particularly for those who are used to existing at a different, higher vibration.
The most important thing I can share with you is to not succumb to the melancholy that the longing for home produces. The human element of ego would very much love to drag you down and keep you from achieving what you came here to do. And indeed, living amidst the chaos and violence of humanity can be more than enough to make elemental souls desperate to give up and go home.
The key here is to bring yourself into an aware and present state, and realise that your soul chose this incarnation. It chose to volunteer its service to humanity by temporarily shedding its true form, lowering its vibration to a far denser state, in order to bring the wisdom of the elemental realm to Earth, for a greater good. Isn’t that a beautiful thing? Feel proud of yourself for having begun this sacred and divine task!
Remember, time is but an illusion embedded in this reality. When we die and shed our human forms, we return to Source. Our souls can return to their elemental home if they so desire, and it will be as if no time has passed at all, for of course, it never existed in the first place! Feel joy and gladness at being here, in human form. You came here for the human experience, for soul growth, as well as your divine mission. So embrace that human experience, and love it unconditionally for all that it is!
Of course, this is true for all earth angels, whichever form or forms you have taken in other existences. But as elementals, connecting with certain aspects of your true inner self can help you adjust to life here, by implementing lifestyle changes or new thought patterns. There is ample opportunity to connect with your inner elemental on this planet, for Mother Earth is filled with the beauty and nature of the elemental realms, albeit in a slightly different, denser form.
Activities for Elementals
Here are some suggestions for daily activities, relaxation techniques, lifestyle changes and more to help your inner elemental feel at home in human form.
- Be Who You Truly Are! This means reflecting your true nature in your dress, décor, demeanour and interests. Faeries might like to wear green, decorate with natural objects, attend faerie balls or go for long walks in the woods. Mermaids may love to wear blue, decorate with shells, swim daily in the ocean or collect dolphins. Connect with what resonates most with you, and live it without fear or reservation.
- Nurture Your True Being! Eat high vibration foods, which resonate with your state of wellbeing. Use natural products, especially those that relate to your particular former body. Mermaids, for example, would benefit from sea salt or seaweed baths, and creams to aid any dry or scaly skin issues. Relaxation, exercise, meditation, guided visualisations and energy healing are also excellent ways to heal and calm your inner elemental. Hybrids such as star-mers would benefit from high vibration energy work, while faeries will most likely only enjoy exercise if it is combined with lots of fun or dancing!
- Spend Time in Nature! Go regularly to the natural areas you are most familiar with, be that mountains, ocean, forests or the desert. Go where the Earth most speaks to you. When you go on vacation, visit places that have meaning to you, such as ancient sites, past cultures or particular landscapes that speak to your heart.
- Immerse Your Spirit in Your Own Truth. That might be the learning of magic and the old ways for elves and faeries, or Celtic-based faiths for leprechauns and the Tuatha de Danaan, such as druidry or Celtic shamanism.
- Balance your Chakras. Doing so will keep you connected to Source, without coming too attached to Earth energy, which is something that can happen to incarnated elementals, due to our deep affection for it. It reminds us of home and it can be easy to get lost in it and forget about the energy of Spirit and Source.
- Protect Your Energy Field. Elementals are often greatly sensitive to the overload of chemicals and dense vibrations on Earth. Protecting yourself on an energetic level, through shielding and protective rituals, can help keep the sensitivity at bay, as can using all natural products, for everything from household cleaning to toiletries and clothing.
- Connect With Your Soul Family! This can include both souls from your pod who have incarnated with you, most likely also incarnated elementals, and of course your own kind, who are accessible here via the astral realms. Call upon the faeries, merfolk, elves, unicorns, crystals and animals to help, guide and protect you on your journey.
- Do What You Were Meant To Do! Live your life in accordance with your higher self. Most elementals have environmental awareness and conservation at the heart, or at least as part, of their soul purpose here on Earth. Whether you have a career or work from home, is it based in the truth of who you are and what you love? It might be an environmental job, or something creative and artistic, to spread awareness through art or words. Elementals also resonate strongly with magic and the arts, so incorporate these things into your job, your hobbies, or both!
Help from Above
You are never alone. Even in the darkest moments, Spirit is always with you. You have guides and angels in human form, just as all humans do.
In addition to this, your fellow elementals are with you too, supporting and guiding you. You can also call upon deities, ascended masters and other beings with whom you resonate. You may be drawn to some over others, possibly because you have known them in past lives!
I work closely with Morgan le Fay, not only because she is my chosen faerie queen, but also because she gives me insight into past faerie and Avalonian lives, and guides me along my soul path, revealing things about my elemental incarnations when the time is right. Is there a particular goddess or god who calls to you, or an archetype from myth that speaks to your soul? Connect with them, get to know them, and you may be surprised at how much insight they can give you!
Connecting with your Life and Soul Purpose
What are elementals here for? Why did we choose to incarnate at this time, in this form? In addition to bringing the wisdom and magic of your realms to Earth, you have come here at a time of great planetary change. Mother Earth is ascending into higher consciousness and countless lightworkers and light beings have chosen to incarnate here at this exciting time, to assist in raising the vibration of humanity.
Elementals in particular have an affinity with nature and the environment. Pollution, climate change, animal cruelty, the importance of retaining natural spaces, organic gardening and safeguarding the seas are just some of the issues that elementals are likely to want to be involved in.
By getting to know yourself deeply on a core level, you will come to know what your life purpose is. You will recognise the gift you have been given to share with humanity. It might be leadership, the gift of art or writing, the ability to manifest change, or the desire to teach. Whatever that gift is, use it for your life and soul purposes.
Your life purpose makes up your mission for this particular incarnation and lifetime, helping your soul to grow and develop spiritually. Your soul purpose makes up your mission throughout the eons, that which you have been working on throughout all of your lifetimes, for the greater good of all souls.
By connecting with yours and beginning to live it, you move into alignment with the All That Is, and you bring your soul much joy and fulfilment by acting upon it. Elementals have incarnated here for a divine purpose, and by living your own truth, you bring much-needed guidance and healing to humanity at this wonderful time! Embrace it, and bring forth the magical, enchanted being that you truly are!
Article (C) Louise Heyden 2011. Louise Heyden is an author and artist from Chesire England. She is writing a book called "A Handbook for Incarnated Elementals". You can also read her CRYSTAL SKULLS article in our 2011 Winter Edition CLICK HERE to order. Visit Louise's website at about.me/oceanfaeriegoddess